Monday, December 12, 2005

Saint Kilda / Fitzroy Street

I was walking down the all too familiar wooden plank, that takes me to Fitzroy Sreet and it feels like I'm just leaving home to get dinner.

I've been in and about the St Kilda area a couple of times from my previous visits. It's a nice little community, packed with bars/bistros//lounges and restaurants.
Just next to the Metropol Apartments are a couple of bars, and restaurants.
Fitzroy Street, just round the corner, will leave you dawdling up and down the street.
There are many places to choose from.

And if you can't decide, there's always more at Acland Street, a ten minute walk away or a 5 min tram ride.

Meat Lover's Pizza
I decided on a meat lover's pizza at Topolinos, to go.
It's an Italian joint that serves, well, typical Italian food. Pastas, Risottos, Lasagnas... you get the idea, hey? It does have a very large selection of Pizzas though. Twenty-nine varieties to be exact. Undoubtedly, there's also your surf and turf, which in my opinion, is very Australian.

The best place to have Italian food- as any self respecting Italian will tell you, I believe-, is at Lygon Street. Otherwise known as Little Italy. I've walked by once during my last visit, and charming Italian men, both young and old, greet you from their trattorias. It's a nice area, but a tad bit to expensive for those who have their purses strings tighten.

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day, and we'll see what it brings.
I'm torn between Hot Chocolate at Cocoa's or Bratwurst with sauerkraut at Queen Victoria Market.
In anycase, I get to drive tomorrow.
Hooray!

2 comments:

Joycelyn said...

hi nicholas, sounds like you'll be feasting your way through the trip...happy holidays!

Nicholas said...

Hey J, yea, I'm definitely gonna want to do that.
That, and building up my batterie de cuisine!