Friday, December 30, 2005

Melbourne, Australia part ii

I'm not much of a breakfast person really, but in Australia, there're many reasons to get up early and head on out for a hearty breakfast. One good reason being, getting up early gives you the whole of mid morning to walk off that breakfast, in search of lunch.
Sausages, Mushrooms, Bacon and Eggs on Toast
Poached Eggs on English Muffins with Mushrooms, served with Hollandaise Sauce
Double Stacked Fluffy Pancakes with a mixed Berry Compote, served with Double Cream
We had breakfast at this place just outside of the South Melbourne Market.
There are several cafe's in and around the area for good eating.

The last time I went there, we had breakfast at this little cafe that serves organic food.
The pancakes were deliciously. Maybe it's true that organic food taste better. Maybe.
Organic Pancakes with Burnt Orange and Blueberry sauce topped with Mascarpone cheese

Poached Eggs on Toast with Mushrooms and Chorizo Sausage.

We stayed home for lunch that day because my sister had to hurry on home and get ready for her graduation. And that is the story of how I cooked my first chinese stir fry.
My mom really should have more faith in me. She asked if I had added any water and some cornflour to thicken the sauce when I finished cooking it. yeesh.
I guess I passed the test when no one complained. Or maybe my parents were really hungry, and were hankering for anything chinese.

Chinese Stir-Fried Beef

Graduation Night!
Good Job Lynn!

Graduation Night

No comments: